Legal framework relating to civil aviation in Nepal can be categorized into two groups. They are:
- Primary Aviation Legislation:
Primary Aviation Legislation relating to civil aviation in Nepal can be broadly categorized into two groups. They are:
- A. Acts:
Acts are the basic law promulgated by the Parliament under the provision of the Constitution. Acts provide basis to establish safety oversight organizations and frame regulations in different areas relating to civil aviation.
- B. Regulations:
Regulations are the rules promulgated under the power conferred by the Act. Regulations are approved by the Government of Nepal and they empower Director General to frame and enforce technical regulations in the form of Civil Aviation Requirements.
- CAAN, Civil Aviation Regulation, 2058 B.S. (2002)
- CAAN Civil Aviation Regulation, 2058 (3rd Amendment-2074)
- Civil Aviation (Investigation of Accident) Regulation, 2071 (2014)
- CAAN, Aerodrome Certification Regulation, 2004
- CAAN, Recreational Aviation Regulation, 2069
- Civil Aviation Security Regulation, 2073 (2016)-Nep
- Civil Aviation Security Regulation, 2073 (2016)-Eng
- CAAN, Airport Service Charge Regulation,2067
- CAAN, Employees’ Regulation, 2056
- CAAN Employee’s Facility, Service and Condition Regulations, 2056 (15th Amendment – 2072)
- CAAN, Financial Management Regulation, 2057
- CAAN ADF Nirdeshika 2073
- CAAN Internal Air Fare Nirdeshika 2073
- A. Acts:
- Operating Regulations:
Civil Aviation Requirements and Directives are technical regulations framed to implement the SARPs of the Annexes of Chicago Convention and implementation of certain provisions made on Civil Aviation Regulation, 2058. These Requirements are promulgated and enforced by the Director General under the power conferred to him by the CAAN, Civil Aviation Regulation, 2058 B.S.(2002 A.D.).
CAAN has framed different Manuals as the guidance materials to the safety oversight Inspectors/Officials and aviation service providers.
CAAN has also issued Circulars and Orders to elaborate the regulatory provisions and to enforce certain provisions of immediate effect. Civil Aviation Requirements, Directives, Manuals and other documents can be broadly categorized into following areas: